How to get there
The most common international flights:
– Europe via Lisboa (LIS) to Praia (RAI) with TAP
– Europe via Casablanca (CMN) to Praia (RAI) with Royal Air Maroc
– From Paris or Amsterdam to Praia (RAI) with TACV
– Various Airports in Europe fly Charters to Sal (SID) or Boavista (BVC) / (Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, England) from there you can fly with the local Airline TACV to Praia (RAI)
From Praia to Tarrafal:
– Taxis are available from the Airport or the City Center of Praia to Tarrafal. Distance 74 km / Time 1.5h / Price: 6.000 CVE
– Aluguers (Collective Buses, in Kriol “Yacy”) leave from the Sukupira Market until around 16h. The drive can take up to 3 hours to arrive in Tarrafal. Look that your Bus goes directly to Tarrafal and not just until Assomada (half way to Tarrafal) If you see a Tarrafal Travel Guide Get in Buses who have already a few people in it, because the Bus will leave Praia only when it is mostly full. Price: 500 CVE per seat
Tarrafal Travel Guide Service:
Book your Taxi with us to be shure having a good driver. Our drivers also show you the beautiful island and drive safe. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +238 917 85 29. If you wish we will send you a driver who speaks some english or french.
Ferries going to the Island of Santiago are from Maio, Fogo and São Vicente, but we always suggest traveling by plane because of trustiness and comfort.